Everything and more in Plan de Corones and Val Pusteria
Plan de Corones/Kronplatz is our local mountain and just right for mountain sports adventures. Its slopes descend gently and are sparsely wooded – offering plenty of space for hiking, mountain biking, skiing, and ski touring. But that’s certainly not all. The entire Plan de Corones/Kronplatz holiday region, which stretches around our local gentle giant, offers a multitude of possibilities for mountain lovers, nature lovers, culture lovers, family people, and adventurers. From Hotel Christoph in Olang, situated at the heart of sunny Val Pusteria/Pustertal at 1,200 metres above sea level, you can reach all excursion destinations quickly and conveniently.
Activities all year long
It can’t always be high season and it doesn’t have to be. Experience a fulfilling holiday in Plan de Corones/Kronplatz outside of the seasonal times. Our tips for an all-round successful break at any time of the year are:
- Excursion to the fabulous Lago di Braies/Pragser Wildsee
- Excursions to the three nature parks in the area: Fanes-Senes-Braies/Fanes-Sennes-Prags, Vedrette di Ries-Aurina/Rieserferner-Ahrn, and Tre Cime/Drei Zinnen
- Window-shopping and shopping in the historic old town of Bruneck
- Visit to the bishop’s town of Brixen in all its contrasting glory
- Worthwhile museums to visit in Plan de Corones/Kronplatz: Messner Mountain Museum Corones and Lumen Museum of Mountain Photography
- Visit to the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology in Bolzano, where “Ötzi” rests
- Tandem paragliding over Plan de Corones/Kronplatz with a view of the Dolomite peaks
- Zip lining on Plan de Corones/Kronplatz
- Visit to the biathlon stadium in Rasen-Antholz
- Visit the earth pyramids near Percha
- Swinging at dizzy heights: Skyscraper giant swing at the summit of Plan de Corones/Kronplatz
- Via ferrata for children on Plan de Corones/Kronplatz
- Visit to the Concordia 2000 bell
- Stops at mountain huts and gourmet experiences on alpine pastures
- Fun and games on the large Kron Trampoline
- Family-friendly forest exploration: Kid’s World in Olang and Il Mondo Magico delle Foreste/WaldWunderWelt in Toblach
- Summer toboggan run (funbob) at Baranci/Haunold
- And so much more!
As you can see, you will certainly not get bored around Plan de Corones/Kronplatz and Val Pusteria/Pustertal. We have many more excursion tips ready for you at reception. Just come and have a chat with us and let us know your preferences.